Description: The Jackman region of Maine offers unparalleled upland game bird hunting throughout hundreds of miles of surrounding wilderness. The area contains countless miles of both active and abandoned woods roads, plus numerous clear cuts in various stages of re-growth. Almost all of which host both grouse and woodcock.
This destination is a heyday for gunners with their dogs. Clients have seen as many as 20-30 flushes a day, enough to wear any dog (or hunter) out. At the end of the day, combine that with a hearty dinner and good ole story telling well into the evening...it's as good as it gets!
This destination offers guided hunts with our dogs or with your own.
Accommodations: With front porch ambiance, these beautiful cabins set in the side of a mountain on a quiet road, have all the modern conveniences. They are located just 1 & 1/2 miles from the center of town, but far enough out of town to be peaceful and secluded.
Seven cozy 2 & 3 bedroom cabins with full size kitchens, bathrooms, oil heat, air conditioning, ceramic tile & carpeted floors and TV's with DVD players. Cabins are well appointed with comfortable linens, fresh towels, wireless interent and satellite tv, and all of the amenities of home.
During the summer, there are 3 large outdoor fire places, picnic tables, horseshoe pit and volleyball area. THREE HOT TUBS (one hot tub is private at the luxury cabin - Red Fox Haven) and a large HEATED SWIMMING POOL. Yes, heated to a nice 81 degrees. Hot tubs are open (except luxury cabin - Red Fox Haven - which is open year round) late May to Late October. Pool is open early June to Late September.
Transportation/Getting there: Hunts can choose to drive or fly to camp. The lodge is located on the outskirts of Jackman, ME and is just 15 miles from the border of Quebec.
Hunters who choose to fly will fly to Augusta, ME, rent a vehicle and drive approximately 2 hours to the lodge.
- Hunting license
- Your firearm
- TSA approved hard-shell airplane lockable gun-case
- Soft-sided gun case
- Ammunition for firearm
- Comfortable hunting boots
- Heavy and light socks
- Full camouflage clothing including face-mask
- Camouflage hat
- Stocking cap
- Camouflage Gloves
- Rain gear
- Heavy and light hunting jacket
- Long underwear
- Hunting knife
- Soft sided cooler for transporting game home
- Camp Slippers/shoes
- Comfortable camp shirt and pants
- Insect repellant
- Ear plugs
- Toiletries and personal affects
- Medical prescriptions & pain relievers
- Lip balm & sunscreen
Use of Outfitters’ Dogs & With Meals:
- 3 Day/4 Night Fully Guided (2x1) - $1350 per person
- 3 Day/4 Night Fully Guided (3x1) - $1150 per person
- 3 Day/4 Night Fully Guided (1x1) - $1950 per person
Use of Outfitter’s Dogs & Without Meals:
- 3 Day/4 Night Fully Guided (2x1) - $950 per person
- 3 Day/4 Night Fully Guided (3x1) - $750 per person
- 3 Day/4 Night Fully Guided (1x1) - $1650 per person
Use of your own dogs & With Meals:
- 3 Day/4 Night Guided (2x1) - $950 per person
- 3 Day/4 Night Guided (3x1) - $750 per person
- 3 Day/4 Night Guided (1x1) - $1550 per person
Use of your own dogs & Without Meals:
- 3 Day/4 Night Guided (2x1) - $600 per person
- 3 Day/4 Night Guided (3x1) - $450 per person
- 3 Day/4 Night Guided (1x1) - $1250 per person
Dates: October through December
Included: lodging and meals (if selected to include), service of professional guides, dressing of your game, sales tax
Not Included: airfare & transportation to camp,hunting licenses and tags, taxidermy, and tips/gratuities
Approximate license cost: Non resident small game hunting license - $79.00